East Boston Savings Bank is continuing to expand its branch footprint by opening its thirty-third branch office at 1952 Beacon Street in Brighton’s Cleveland Circle area. Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Richard J. Gavegnano presided over a ceremonial Groundbreaking/Demolition ceremony which included representatives from the Bank’s Board of Directors, Senior Management Team, site designers O’Sullivan Architects and Auburn Construction who are in the beginning stages of developing the site into a full service branch.
“East Boston Savings Bank has had a Boston presence since 1848. When the opportunity to lease the property came up, we saw it as a chance to expand our reach to our customers and our market area. We already have a significant deposit base in the area with three other established branches nearby at 1050 and 1441 Beacon Street, Brookline and 181 Brighton Avenue in Allston. And with a built-in community and public transportation right next to it, the location of the new branch is very attractive” says Gavegnano.
Located on the former site of the Jade Monkey Asian Café, the space is in a mixed-use building with retail establishments on the street level and residential apartments on the upper floors. The 2,100 square foot office space is convenient to the MBTA’s Green Line “C” branch Cleveland Circle T Station and is within walking distance to “B” and “D” branch stations. Boston College, Chestnut Hill Reservoir and the Metropolitan Waterworks Museum are all in close proximity to the new branch.
PHOTO: L to R: Jim Morgan, EBSB SVP, Ed Merritt, EBSB EVP, John Carroll, EBSB EVP/COO, Richard Gavegnano, EBSB President, CEO and Chairman, Dave Kelliher, Auburn Construction, Keith Armstrong, EBSB SVP, Jim Sartori, EBSB Director, Janice Gorman, O’Sullivan Architects and Mark Sereda, O’Sullivan Architects.